For the sake of easier navigation, I’ve compiled links to all my posts and alphabetized them by category. As I continue to write more, I’ll update this list.
Around the Ancient Kitchen
- A Roman Ientaculum
- A Roman Prandium
- Roman Meals
- Patinas, Pots, and Pestles: Roman Cookware
- Saturnalia: The World Turned Upside Down
- Defrutum and Caroenum and Sapa, Oh My!
- Garum, Glorious Garum: Fish Sauce in Rome
- Lovage: The (Once) Ubiquitous Herb
- Pennyroyal: A Minty, Bug-Repelling Herb
- Rue: The Herb of Grace
- Silphium: A Miracle Herb
- Conditum Paradoxum: Surprise Wine?
- Passum: A Most Delicate Drink
- Posca: Ancient Gatorade?
- Rosatum (Rose Wine)
- Water: The Real Aqua Vitae
- Buccellatum (Soldier’s Hardtack)
- Cato’s Punic Porridge
- Gallic Panic Bread
- Gladiators’ Barley Polenta
- Graneam Triticeam (Whole Wheat Porridge)
- Juscellum (Bread Porridge)
- Sala Cattabia
Meat, Fish, etc.
- Chicken Elagabalus
- Gallic Curd Cheese
- Lucanian Sausage
- Shrimp Isicia
- Roast Pheasant with Herb Sauce
- Roman Land Snails
- Sea Bass with Wine Vinaigrette